AUDITION ONLINE NOW FOR A PLACE IN APRIL!
AUDITION ONLINE NOW FOR A PLACE IN APRIL AND BE IN WITH A CHANCE TO PERFORM AT WEST END LIVE THIS SUMMER!!!
FOR A LIMITED PERIOD ONLY, WE ARE ACCEPTING ONLINE AUDITIONS FOR A PLACE IN THE SUMMER TERM
If you wish to audition for a place in our Summer term, you can apply by sending an online audition via email to
Start your message with your name and date of birth. You must be between 12 and 25 years old to apply.
What we need from you:
Send us three video clips
(roughly one minute each) of the following:
1. Sing a song
(Ideally from a Musical). We would prefer it if this was unaccompanied (NO backing track). We just need to hear the quality, tone and technique of your voice.
2. Act a monologue.
(A speech spoken by one person) from a play, musical or a film. We need to see your connection to the character, ability to deliver text and understand the emotions of the character during that particular speech.
3. Tell us about yourself.
Answer the following questions on a video clip:
- What’s your name?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live?
- How did you hear about us?
- Why would you like to join Musical Theatre Masterclass?
Please note: We are NOT looking for students to be brilliant at ALL disciplines. We want to see your current ability but more importantly, your POTENTIAL.
Don’t email us your video files as they will be too large. The best way is to upload your video files to Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com) or YouTube (http://www.youtube.com). They’re free and easy to use and you can send us the link (and password if needed) so we can view them.
Tips for filming yourself:
- You can film yourself on many devices. Most camera phones have great video and sound quality so that will be fine.
- Try to get someone to film it for you or use a tripod to keep the camera steady.
- The camera should be turned sideways to film in landscape or widescreen orientation, not upright.
- Try to film yourself against a plain background and wearing plain clothes (no logos or crazy patterns) of a different colour to the background i.e a white shirt against a black background would be great. Remember we want to be looking at YOU not the background or your fancy t-shirt!
- For the acting try and frame yourself so we see just your head and shoulders. We want you to be close to the camera so we can see your acting in more detail.
- For the singing, you can set the camera slightly further back so we see your head to waist.
- Have fun and don’t worry! Like we said earlier we are looking for potential, not a perfect polished performance. We’ll help you achieve that if you get accepted into MTM!
If you would like to download a pdf version of this guidance, please CLICK HERE